Penny Power Coalition members took a tour of the Campbell County Parks and Recreation Center and spoke with Rick Mansur about how Parks and Recreation spends their funds generated from the 1% sales tax.read more
Did you see the Gillette News Record article about how the 1% funds Gillette College?read more
Did you see the Gillette News Record article about how the 1% funds water infrastructure? "When it comes to the city’s enterprise funds, the 1 Percent plays a unique role by keeping down costs and rates for customers. The city uses the 1 Percent to pay for capital...read more
Did you read the Gillette News Record article about how the 1% helps landfill regulations? "From 2014-2018, the county has spent about $10.5 million of the tax on its landfill operations, the most of any category. The tax helps the county with environmental compliance...read more
Did you see the Gillette News Record article about how the 1% funds the purchase of emergency and safety equipment in Campbell County, Wyoming? "Campbell County allocated $1.4 million in 1 Percent funds to the Sheriff’s Office for vehicles and vehicle equipment...read more
“There are 49 miles of bike and walking paths in the Gillette, Wyoming area, and much more is planned.
Those who enjoy the bike, running and walking paths can thank the Optional 1 Percent Sales Tax for nearly all of them.
For the city of Gillette, that money is used to match federal funding. Usually it’s an 80-20 split, with federal grants paying for 80 percent of the cost and Gillette paying the other 20 percent.”read more
For the July 18 Ice Cream and Conversations, we're visiting with Gail Lofing, the Executive Director of the Campbell County Chamber of Commerce in Gillette, Wyoming, about the surveys that the Chamber is contracted to mail to registered voters designating what...read more
Did you read the Gillette News Record article that talks about Campbell County's district grant program that is paid for by the 1% sales tax? "Campbell County’s district support grant program, the only one of its kind in the state, helps those who help themselves. The...read more
Thank you Lance Wheeler for your recent letter to the editor in the Gillette News Record about the 1% sales tax in Campbell County, Wyoming. With all of the controversy surrounding the Optional 1 Percent Sales Tax, I wanted to share my thoughts. Having lived in...read more